Bachelor's DegreeCollege of St. Scholastica (B.A., summa cum laude, 2005)
Juris Doctor:University of North Dakota School of Law (J.D., with Academic Distinction, 2008)
With Fryberger Since:2016
Admitted to Practice:Minnesota, North Dakota, Colorado, Montana, U.S. District Court for the District of North Dakota, Colorado and Montana.
- Representation of clients before the North Dakota Industrial Commission in spacing and unitization, pooling, salt water disposal, flaring, risk penalty, and a variety of contested cases.
- Oil and gas related litigation in federal and state court.
- Oil and gas transactional representation, including drafting and reviewing farm-out agreements, joint operating agreements, assignments of oil and gas interests, oil and gas leasing agreements.
- Oil, gas, and mineral title examination and preparation of drilling, division order, and supplemental title opinions.
- Pipeline and rights of way related litigation.
- Emergency response to work-site death and injury, including management during OSHA inspection and liability assessment.
- Advisement of clients owning non-operating interests in the Bakken, Three-Forks, and Rocky Mountain regions.
- Real estate development, construction, and operations litigation.
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES:
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation
- North Dakota Petroleum Council
- Landman’s Association of North Dakota
- Colorado Oil and Gas Association
- American Association of Petroleum Landmen
- State Bar Association of North Dakota
- American Bar Association (Natural Resources Section)
- Big Muddy Bar Association
- Denver Association of Oil and Gas Attorneys
- Federal Bar Association - ND Chapter, President
- Bismarck-Mandan Chamber of Commerce
- Greater North Dakota Chamber