The COVID-19 pandemic is creating an unprecedented situation for businesses. Recent changes to employee leave requirements, bans on more than a limited number of people gathering, and many other issues are emerging on a day-to-day basis. We are monitoring these changes and are ready to help our clients through this difficult period. Please contact us if you need assistance with any of the following issues:
- Emergency Leave: Federal and state laws providing emergency leave for the COVID-19 pandemic are rapidly evolving. The Fryberger Law Firm is monitoring the law and can quickly prepare an emergency leave policy for your business that complies with the most recent requirements. These laws apply to all employers, regardless of size.
- Remote Work: Social distancing and work-from-home arrangements are very new to all of us. Employees working from home present a number of difficulties, ranging from wage and hour compliance to protecting confidential data. We can help you create work-from-home policies that comply with the law.
- Business Operations: Maintaining business operations while being unable to gather more than 10 people in the same location or working remotely can be difficult. We can assist you with navigating the challenges of governing and operating your business, or of dealing with the financial impact of social distancing on your operations.
- Business Continuity: This is a good time to think about how your business can continue if key staff at your business are ill or incapacitated. We can help you review your governing documents and prepare backup plans so that your business can keep operating in unfortunate circumstances.
- Estate Planning: Our attorneys can assist you with reviewing, updating, or establishing an estate plan to provide for your loved ones.
Our attorneys and staff are members of the community, and we want to make sure that our clients are successful during and after this difficult time. Please contact us if you need any legal assistance. Above all, please stay healthy and safe.